Friday, June 15, 2007

A Drink and a View

It's Moscow, as seen from the Sky Lounge on the 22nd floor of the Academy of Science building.

I don't know who designed this strange looking building, as seen from the Moscow River, but someone described it as having a 'brain' on top. I'm guessing someone Chinese.


Emma took me for a very expensive caipirinha on my birthday, but we were enjoying the atmosphere so much that we started buying the cheapest thing on the menu... beer, of course, for only 200 rubles.

The lounge seems to be a secret from the Russians. None of my students knew about it and even my friend, another teacher, who studied for a year in the same building wasn't aware of the lounge.

Za vashe zdorovye!

4 Comments:

At Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics, very interesting. You look happier and seem to be having more fun. There must be something to that Russian Vodka!
Your piece on the teaching was very interesting as well. That should have made Uncle Jack be nimble but not so quick very happy. Keep up the good work!
Danny

 
At Saturday, June 16, 2007 9:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moscow sure is picturesque; a great place in the summer...photos are really interesting.
Have a great summer!
carl

 
At Sunday, June 17, 2007 1:08:00 AM, Blogger Ilsa said...

Jumpin' Jack never h,ad it so good w/ all those bratty 'Kerrobert' teens I'm sure.

Carl, maybe you should swing this way sometime. I'll put you up in my stinky flat.

 
At Monday, June 18, 2007 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's an idea...:)I may take you up on your offer!!!
... if one drinks enough vodka I'm sure one would soon forget about the stinky apartment. Guess one would need to stay permanetly drunk then Huh?
I go through a box of incense a day to mask the stink in my apartment...LOL I think the idea of drinking vodka is better though, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) for me??? KSA is a dry dry country.
Enjoy your summer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home