Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lot's of love & prayers, Mom

This week a package arrived for me containing Oh Canada magazines and Coffee Crisp chocolate bars. I have a crazy work schedule which doesn't allow for much free time so one might think the effort of a 3-hour commute for this little parcel wouldn't be worth exuding all this energy (I actually had to do it twice because the post office decided to close an hour early the first day... for no reason whatsoever). I guess I might have felt that way if it hadn't contained a casual note providing me with an update of an old-family-friend's health, information on what Dad's doing at the moment, and a Lethbridge weather report.

The truth is, I've been receiving these random packages with notes for almost 20 years now. The Christmas ones are especially good because they contain fudge, but these unexpected ones... they're just the best. Yes, these simple notes take me right back home and remind me of how precious every day is and how much this one very special lady is thinking of me.


Mom always finishes her notes with words of praise or encouragement and signs it 'Lot's of love & prayers, Mom' and I know she means it.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. I hope the seeding is going well and that you're spending it with at least one of my fabulous family members.

PS Wasn't it exciting to see Canada win the WHC? I watched it in an ex-pat bar. I was the only Canadian but some Russians were also cheering us on. Love ya!

4 Comments:

At Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I was just going to write you about your post on the May 9 holiday in Russia. I wasn't aware of that one- Happy you had a day off to see more sights etc. Then came this one!!
Thank you. So nice to hear from you today. I did watch the crowd shots during the game today cause I thought there was a chance you would be there. However, the game was fun and exciting and I'm proud of all those young Canadian boys and for the effort they displayed.Glad the parcel arrived although it does seem to be a nuisance for you to get it.
Your post has certainly brightened my day and thank you again.
Mom

 
At Monday, May 14, 2007 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Ilsa said...

Everyting in Moscow is a nuisance, Mom. I'm almost used to it now.
I wish I had been at the game, too. I couldn't believe all the empty seats on tv. I wanted to go but didn't want to take a chance of not getting in then not seeing the game. Nothing is easy here.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

 
At Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is that good-looking broad on your blog? Great stories, Lisa. Dad

 
At Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Broad? I guess you two aren't living together right now!

You were probably just as surprised as I was to see a picture of Mom working while everyone else sits around. Extraordinary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home