Thursday, May 31, 2007

Birthdays

May 31st is the start of birthday mania in my family. When I was very young, I celebrated on the same day as my older brother and sister since our birthdays were all within one week. I can only remember thinking is was great to have all these people around. I didn't really care who they were, although I'm sure my old.. ahem... older siblings weren't as interested in sharing the limelight.

Mom made fabulous cakes. Mine were always chocolate, as per my request, and they were elaborately decorated in dolls or cartoon characters and even a hockey game. After I started school, I got to have my own parties with many, many classmates and cousins. How did you do it, Mom?

The glorious sunny days I'm seeing here now, along with sightings of familiar things such as sparrows, mallard ducks, and lilac trees remind me of those special May/June days. I even spotted a black lab like our beloved 'Charlie' the other day.

So Happy Birthday Mark and Chandra. I hope you are surrounded by wonderful friends and family and that someone bakes you a delicious cake... especially because you won't be getting a gift or even a phone call from me this year!
Love ya xo
Speaking of chocolate, Russian chocolate is incredible. Here's the face of one of the companies. I could actually smell chocolate floating down the Moscow River the other day.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I understand your attraction to Russia. It's not the vodka, it's the CHOCOLATE!!!!! Happy Birthday, kid. I still think about the day you entered our lives with a loud yell. Love ya. Dad

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa. Happy "early B-day" to you! We missed you in Kerrobert last weekend. Don rocks! He had strip-and-go-nakeds @ the "hall decorating", 2 days before the traditional gift opening party! I hear Chandra is coming for a visit. That's great! Owen turns 3 tomorrow. He is soooo excited about his party. We got him a motorized 2 seater Hummer to tour around in. I'll be running all summer for sure now! Have a great visit with Chandra. Think of you often. Love ya. Carmen xoxoxo

 
At Friday, June 01, 2007 10:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, me again, forgot to rub it in that I ate your share of Aunt Lorraine's home made oreo cookies all weekend! But, the jokes on me because your hips will look better than mine because of it! I helped out @ Cordin's track meet today. It was +30, summer is finally here! He cleaned up at the track, and is most proud of his 1st place ribbon for his 20 second finish in the 200m race...he beat all the other 9 year old boys(39 of them to be exact)! Yeah! He gets that talent from his Mom! Ha! Love Carmen xoxo

 
At Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:01:00 AM, Blogger Ilsa said...

Carm, I told my sister last week that if one more person mentions Aunt Lorraine's baking, I would DIE!! For the record...'you're KILLING me'!!

Happy Birthday to Owen with lots of hugs and kisses for all your boys! Stay safe with those motor sports.

 
At Sunday, June 03, 2007 1:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and Happy Birthday to you as well Lisa. I didn't get a cake this year but i did get a few drinks at the local watering hole and am going for a bbq tonight at a friends, so I did quite well. by the way I don't have that pic of the farm that you asked for, but I'm sure that there are a few around the family and that someone could help you out....Hope you have a great birthday, we all will be thinking of you then!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home