Sunday, May 06, 2007

Canada 4, Czech Republic 3


I don't have much time to write... busy day ahead and a very long day yesterday.
Suffice to say - Canada narrowly beat the Czechs 4-3 last night 23 seconds into overtime at the World Hockey Championship game near Moscow.
The game was nerve-racking, especially because we were sitting behind our goalie for two of the periods. Roloson did an amazing job... my British friend who was with me asked 'why are they attacking him?'





The Czech fans out-cheered us, too. Look at this section - they were on noisy and standing up, etc. throughout while our team colours barely moved. Must be tired from being in Moscow... or maybe it's because we can't drink in the stands.



I proudly sang our national anthem (alone) while they were raising the flag.



A few of our fans knew how to do it, though. These guys were chanting 'Da Da Canada' and some Russians were chanting along with them.


The game was a struggle and our players looked weary coming off the ice. But, it was a win and I'm proud of Doan and his team-mates.
Unfortunately I'll be working tonight as they take on the US. But I'll be thinking to myself 'Da Da Canada'.

7 Comments:

At Monday, May 07, 2007 9:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lis Lisa,
What a thrill to be in the stands for this game... how exciting!

Pam

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 5:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, can't believe it took you that long to get to a game!

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 5:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get tickets now for the Gold Medal game, and cheer us on!

Danny (that was mine previous as well)

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just knew that was a camera in your hand, and not a beer as Adam thought, when we caught you on TV!

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Ilsa said...

It's the only place I've been in Moscow where we CAN'T drink beer.

Danny Boy, you must pray for a miracle to get me tix for the Gold Medal game. But I may just stand outside the arena and watch the big screen.

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was looking for you but I think I missed the money shot.

Happy for you, proud of you, etc ...

 
At Tuesday, May 08, 2007 6:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danny, praying. Whatever. Don't you have better connections than that, Lis?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home