Monday, October 02, 2006

Fall Foliage


How's that for an exciting title? Aren't you glad I'm back?
Yep, my life slowed down a little when I came back to Canada. But hanging out with Ma & Pa in Lethbridge was actually pretty fun. Mom and I went for morning walks and Dad and I went grocery shopping for dinner - then we watched tv. The downside was I picked up a few too many extra pounds.

The weather is usually quite warm here - good thing because I had to walk in that lake to get mom's expensive sunglasses.

I liked walking through the hoodoos, watching out for rattlers.. pretty barren. Lethbridge boasts this bridge as the largest railway bridge in the world.


I made sure to follow the instructions on the sign.

Back in Cow Town, I stayed with my brother and his wife for a few weeks. I even worked a few days downtown - a great half hour walk along the river. Love those changing colours.

Before I turn into petrified wood I had better get going. Actually, I'm flying out tonight... guess where. Stay tuned!

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 7:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! Good luck on your journey...are you rushin to Russia?
carl

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Ilsa said...

Hey! I still have a reader. yep, off to Russia. How's Saudi?

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) It's finally dropping below +40; much nicer to go for a walk rather than take a taxi everywhere.

Life in the Kindgom is as magical as ever LOL

Looking forward to your next installment...
carl

 
At Tuesday, October 31, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Scratchings in the Dirt said...

YOU know how to get comments on your blog! Hope you had a good trip across the pond. Guess I should get on that passport business....

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 1:06:00 AM, Blogger Ilsa said...

passport piece of cake - its the visa that will be an adventure, sister. next posting may give you some guidance.

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa ... glad you made it there safe and sound (I'm assuming). Ashley LOVES her costume ...even won an award with it!! Keep the posts comming...we all look forward to them. Well at least I do.

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last one was from me if you didn't figure it out!!!

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give my regards to Mr. Putin!

I am sure you have many people eagerly waiting to hear all about your experiences in Russia! I am one of them!

Take care of your self over there and eat lots of potatoes or is that just one of the myths of Russian society: I heard Russians eat lots of potatoes.

Your sister Chandra's brother-inlaw
carlos ( now ya'll know who I am LOL)

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Scratchings in the Dirt said...

I spend a few hairy moments on that big bridge. we walked across and almost got caught by a train and we worked on it many times. It is not designed to be worked on, even though there is a railing, there is a huge opening between the railing and the track that you can easily fit through! If I'm not mistaken it is over a mile long???

Clem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home