Monday, September 18, 2006

Family Fun in Saskatchewan


To surprise my mom and celebrate her 60th birthday (YES I'm young enough to have a mother who's only 60), my family met up in the thriving metropolis of Kerrobert, Saskatchewan... population 1100 (mostly my relatives).
My mom, along with the rest of my family, was born in this little town, but my siblings and I went to school in the neighboring, rival (smaller but tougher) town of Luseland. You can view more of this fine town on www.townofluseland.com. Each time I return, everything appears to have shrunk!

Aside from agriculture, there is still a lot of oil and gas production to keep the economy going. My sister's family are organic farmers which appears to be a profitable, but risky, business! Those are their boys in the peas - last year's crop! I didn't make it out to our family farm due to the muddy roads, but it was great to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins in town.

My sister put on a good spread while her husband produced the tunes and kept us entertained... featuring a variety of other 'unique' musical talents. The kids (they pump them out like rabbits there) were also amusing.
Take a look at these little rascals. Aren't they sweet!

The party was at Aunt Linda's place, where my Grandma used to have an apartment. We had spent Christmas there several years ago when Grandma was still around to oversee everything. It brought back some great memories. That, and the turkey that tasted oh so good. Thanks sister!






2 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, but you have good-looking relatives!

 
At Friday, October 06, 2006 1:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos Lisa! and your commentary is spot on! Except for Luseland being tougher hahahah; actually Luseland has a nicer bar than kerrobert! Yes Saskatchewan has many fine bars. I remember one summer many years ago Jack and Margie were nice enough to drive me to Saskatoon, back when I was too poor to rent a car. We took our time and stopped at every wee town along the way and had a beerie at each bar...needless to say I felt a bit slooshed by the time I made it to the airport...thats it.
take care, carl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home