Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I'm back in Calgary, Canada for a while but anxious to get started on another adventure. I still don't have a definite plan but its in the works. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, I am appreciating the great things about being in Canada (like public washrooms and clean sidewalks). Although I only lived in Calgary 10 years, it has been good to me and, like many formerly native Saskatchewanites, I now consider it home. I have great friends and family here who have been putting me up, moving furniture, lending me little things like a car and a cell phone. I forget why I want to leave - oh yeah, adventure.

But there is lots to see and do here also, like spending the day at Spruce Meadows which hosts show jumping events, along with art exhibitions, ethnic food kiosks, and entertainment representing cultures around the world. All of this in a beautiful green setting with a rocky mountain backdrop - a great place to spend the day.

This is Danielle. I stayed with her and her big brother, Max, last week. She's lots of fun and just started to walk. Thank goodness she takes naps as I find it hard to keep up with her.

I miss my old place a little. I sold it last spring when the market was hot. I can't bring myself to drive past it yet but I believe that home is really where you hang your hat (or rest your head since I don't wear hats much). I'm free to go anytime but its comforting to know I can always come back to a city with friends, good food, and all the amenities anyone would ever need.

If you want to know more about this area where Dinosaurs once roamed, check out www.calgarytourism.ca/history.

I love the skyline in Calgary. Ilsa recommends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home