Sunday, June 24, 2007

On the Road Again

I completed my contract last week so I decided to continue my European tour. I had planned on going back in August so I stored some of my stuff with friends and set off. After leaving Russia, I'm now having to remind myself of why I want to live there. I must be crazy.
A few days in St. Petersburg showed me some beautiful architecture, historical sites, long queues, food poisoning, and the worst customer service you could ever imagine.


Visually, St. Pete's is more appealing than Moscow and one would think I'd be used to the poor customer service, but I think I just had enough of it. I couldn't wait to leave Russia.

I have to admit though that this is one hell of a fountain. Peterhoff, former summer palace of Peter the Great, has hundreds of impressive fountains and gardens. Lovely indeed. This one leads out to the Gulf of Finland.

Not enough to keep me in Russia, though. I took the fastest train out of the country with an overnight stop in Helsinki which confirmed I was back in civilization as I once knew it.
I'm in Estonia now and trying to forget that I'm missing yet another family wedding. I think I'll do something really crazy like rent a car. Stay tuned!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Bro. Ken said...

Hey Lisa,
Was nice meeting you in Tallinn, hope you enjoy Scotland. Cheers!

 
At Thursday, July 05, 2007 1:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it's derek good thing you left for scotland with my mom have a good holiday you only have 2 weeks get all thi fun in before you get back to russia adios Derek and a bit of grandma

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2007 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Ilsa said...

Hey Ken, Like your military hair cut. Scotland is great so far, but raining a lot. Stayed with a free mason believe it or not. I'll have to get you his contact info.

Hi Derek, my wee nephew. Hope you're having a great time in Lethbridge!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home