Friday, June 23, 2006

Sétois Style

I had the great fortune to be hosted by Ambassadeur Blanc and his daughter Sophie last night. He is the Rotarian I met last week. Sophie is visiting from Miami so I thought it was quite generous of them to give up their limited time together for a stranger. They were sure to make me sample all the authentic Sétois dishes and the best wine. His son has a cognac vineyard in Cognac, of course, so later we stopped at their villa for a sample to 'aid in digestion'. The ambassador is probably the most interesting person I have ever met. He has lived and traveled all over the world and had many exciting stories, like when he lived in Ottawa and had to travel into Quebec. He packed his skis and and stopped to ski along the side of the road wearing his suit and tie. Apparently he still skis in the Alps every year. Sophie said they let him go for free because of his age. They gave me great insight to the Séte culture and suggested the best places to see. Mérci Beaucoup Sophie et Mr Blanc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home