Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lazy Days


Above is the veiw from Johnathan's apartment. There is something about the colours of the old building accross the street that draw me to it. It's like looking at a painting when I look outside. On the right is the park across from his place.
I've been taking it easy the last couple of days... going to the beach and taking photographs. The beaches here are awsome... I still don't know how long the stretch is but many km and not very crowded. Since my lazy days helped me recoup from the cold, I walked up Mt St Clair, which is close but very steep... what a short but great workout (I will be sure to have buns of steel if i do that every day)!!
On my way up there I thought of my #1 nephew, Adam, who turns 14 today. It's amazing how quickly the mischievous, hot-tempered little redhead has turned into this tall, handsome young man with the most beautiful curly hair and blue eyes you ever did see. Joyeaux Anniversaire Adam!!


Here's the view from Mt St Clair.
I met some young backpackers from Montréal, who were equally unimpressed with the view of the old Dutch guy wearing only a t-shirt and underwear walking past us. It was a great to communicate openly in English again. They are going to join me tonight at the Rotary fundraiser to help translate and eat appetizers... they also understand the budget constraints of the Canadian dollar holders here in France.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, June 17, 2006 8:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa...glad to hear you've had a bit of rest and are feeling better. It looks beautiful there, though maybe not quite as nice as Saskatchewan!! Keep posting pictures and have a great time. Take care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home