Saturday, June 10, 2006

Travel Tips from Abroad

First of all, three days after departure, I finally arrived at my destination. Instead of boring you with details of why it took so long, let me advise you of a few of the things I've learned so far.

1. If you ever decide to pack up and leave everything behind... leave everything behind! (my back is killing me).

2. Do not invite friends over to help you pack prior to a long journey, particularily if you only have a few hours.

3. Don't believe everything a stranger tells you, despite their seemingly kind intentions. Three hours walking around Heathrow Airport carrying 100+ pounds should have taught me that lesson right off but I've always been a bit of a slow learner... après le train station in Paris this started to sink in.

4. You don't HAVE to pay 6 Euros (approx 10 Cnd) for the smallest espresso you ever saw... just because your feet are sore and it looks like a nice place to sit .down

5. Last, but most importantly... appreciate all your mistakes... had I not had trouble getting to Séte (South of France), I would not have taken the time to explore Paris.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lise,

Glad to know you got there safe and sound (but sore!) We missed you today as we bid farewell to most of the Huck's at Luseland. I bought Aunt Mary's step stool (you know, the one she always had in the kitchen) at the sale, and we all went to the Royal George Hotel for supper. I use the term "royal" loosely. I hope you find much better cuisine where you are! But everyone asked about you, and wishes you well on your journey. Have a great time, and keep blogging!

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lise! Congratulations on reaching your destination! Glad to know you arrived safe and sound (but sore!) We missed you today as we bid farewell to our Huck cousins at Luseland. I bought Aunt Mary's step stool - you know, the one she always kept in the kitchen. We all went to the Royal George Hotel for supper (I use the term "royal' very loosely), and everyone asked about you and they all wish you well on your journey. Take care, have fun, and keep blogging!

 
At Monday, June 12, 2006 8:35:00 AM, Blogger Ilsa said...

merci beucoup ma Soeur. Sounds sad about Aunt Mary and Uncle Eddie. I have nice memories of going there and them stopping in at the farm. Thanks for keeping me informed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home