Sunday, July 02, 2006

Can-Am Am-Can Party

I'm visitng my friend, Jocelyne. These photos are from a Canadian/American Independance Day celebration she hosted on July 1st. We are in The Hague in the Netherlands but could really have been anywhere as guests are from literally all over the world. Truly cosmopolitan. Many at the party work with Jocelyne at OPCW (Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons). Freeing the world of chemical weapons - cool job. Unfortunately jello shots are not considered chemical weapons.

Jocelyne has a beautiful back yard which is a rare commodity here. Most are lucky to have an apartment balcony. Not that I would have known that for myself at this point. I ended up inside her apartment for two days.. preparing, partying, then surviving hangover. I'll have to let you know more about The Hague later.






Joc and her main man, Erik









Here's something you don't see everyday... an American from South Carolina wearing a red Maple Leaf hat.... maye it IS the land of the brave!

Carrie, proudly from Saskatchewan, brought that spectacular flag you can see behind us. Anyone know someone from Kinistino?

Some stayed inside to watch the World Cup game thanks to Jose, who is a genius (as well as a supporter of Portugal, potential World Cup 2006 winners). He found it on the internet since Joc doesn't have a TV.


Ronald made my hair fabulous. He was going for the Farrah Fawcet look but when he tried to recall the American tv show from the 70's with 4 women, Paul guessed 'Golden Girls' instead of 'Charlie's Angels'. Sadly, he wasn't joking.


We were forced to sparkle since no fireworks were allowed and sing (although a failed attempt was made by only some... ok only me). You can see the German cheering the most.












4 Comments:

At Monday, July 03, 2006 7:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks as if you had a great Canada Day, though I can't believe it couold compare to sitting it the beer gardens at Luseland fair grounds drinking warm draft with all the exiting people here!! Mom is here and while looking at your pictures...she was wondering if that was a cigar in your hand..be careful of what you post here...she IS ALWAYS watching...lol.
Mom,Ashley and Derek all say hi and we all love checking out the site and seeing what your up to. Keep on having fun and telling us about it while we are working away at making a living back here in God's country.

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 2:12:00 AM, Blogger Ilsa said...

that's great you are making a living there... I may have to bum off you after I'm finished spending my money here. And it's fashionable to smoke here. Besides it's a cuban!

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa Lisa,

It's been a week - I've been checking your "blog" evry day wondering what you're up to. I'm sure all of your "blog fans" anxiously await your next post!

Hugs,
Pam

 
At Saturday, August 19, 2006 5:23:00 PM, Blogger bigmutt said...

Hi, Lisa:
Just now had a chance to "look you up" and see if you ever made it to Isreal; I guess you did, but I haven't had a chance to read about it yet (you ARE a prolific blogger!)
Remember, we met crossing the Adriatic (or is it the Ionian; I can never get those two straight!) on the ferry?
Well, Ana and I made back to Athens and to our hotel (the ONLY hotel reserv. we'd made on our whole trip!) that day. We spent a week in Greece, then home to Mexico City.
Hope you're having fun; I look forward to reading about your travels.
Cheers! from fellow Canadian Rick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home