Friday, February 02, 2007

Me and Bear


Check out my new guy! I met him in a 'Golden Ring' town outside of Moscow. I've always preferred the strong, silent type, but maybe you can see... I'm trying not to get too close. He's Russian and I'm not.



Actually, I had bargained with the little old man selling the photo opportunity and was quite pleased with myself for the 12 ruble deal when walking away. Then my friend, who understands Russian, told me he was saying 'please help me'. The guilt cost me an extra 20; but, the sweet little man with shiny blue eyes and red cheeks held onto my hand and thanked me profusely (at least I think that's what he was doing... the translator didn't catch it).

4 Comments:

At Friday, February 02, 2007 5:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you again. You look great and I love the red coat.How are you doing anyway? Are you in the flat alone? Looks like you have some snow now? It is snowing lightly here all day. I will write later.
Mom

 
At Friday, February 02, 2007 8:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I sure hope your new "beau" isn't the jealous type LOL!As he looks like he could rip your face off! Great photo!
All is well as can be expected; am slowly adjusting to the fact that Marj won't be around any more, but at least she is at peace now.
You got snow, we got rain; halleujah! The king of Saudi Arabia urged the people to pray for rain, looks like their prayers were answered. Let it rain ! This dusty place needs it badly!
stay well, carl

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 4:44:00 AM, Blogger Ilsa said...

I know, Carl. Its hard to believe about Marj, especially when we're not there. Hope you're doing okay.

Not much snow here in Moscow - very dirty here too - mucky describes it best. I told my students that streets and sidewalks are cleaned off here and they don't believe it. Maybe they should start praying too.

 
At Saturday, February 03, 2007 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Scratchings in the Dirt said...

Good to hear from you again, sis. I start to wonder when you haven't posted for a while!
Good pictures - you're looking fabulous. You might want to look for a guy who talks a little more and eats less meat.

Take care!
Chandra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home